I’ve returned to my Family Treasures Series for my morning routine of creating a Contour/Color Scheme drawing, now with a twist. I will post my ink drawing and one of you will choose the Color Scheme and one of the colors to be included in my palette from the twelve hue color wheel (Yellow, Yellow-Green, Green, Green-Blue, Blue, Blue Violet, Violet, Red-Violet, Red, Red-Orange, Orange, Yellow-Orange). I will use the choices of the first reader who responds with a color and a color schemes from the list below. The ink drawing will be posted on a Tuesday or Wednesday. The painted drawing will be posted the following day. The name of the artist who chooses my palette will also be posted along with a link to the artist’s blog or website.
Thanks for playing with me! I look forward to receiving your suggestions. Send your suggestions to my email.
Color Schemes to choose from:
1. Complements … Two hues directly opposite one another on the twelve hue color wheel.
2. Double Complements … Two hues on either side of any hue, plus the complements of both of those two hues.
3. Cross Complements … One pair of complements plus the pair of complements at ninety degrees of each. i.e Yellow, Purple, Red/Orange, Blue/Green.
4. Analogous … Three, four or five colors adjacent to one another on the twelve hue color wheel.
5. Analogous with One Complement … One dominant hue plus the two hues on either side of it and the one hue directly across from it on the twelve hue color wheel.
6. Analogous with Split Complements … One dominant hue plus the two hues on either side, and the direct complements of those adjacent hues. Exclude the direct complement of the dominant hue.
7. Extended Analogous with Three Complements … Five analogous colors with three complements.
8. Triad: Basic … Three hues equidistant from one another on the twelve hue color wheel (three hues between each). i.e. Red, Yellow, Blue ….. or …. Red/Violet, Blue/Green, Yellow/Orange.
9. Triad: Complementary … One pair of complementary colors plus one color equidistant between them on the color wheel. i.e. Yellow, Red/Orange, Blue/Green.
10. Triad: Split Complements … One dominant hue with the two hues adjacent to the hue directly across from the dominant hue on the twelve hue color wheel. Do not include the hue directly across from the dominant hue.
11.Triad: Modified … Three hues with one or two spaces between them, i.e. yellow, orange, green.
12. Semi Triad … Two complements with one color two units to the left or right of one of them.