Bean, Butters and Kale Dip
(First served at Arbonne Nutrition/Cooking Event at my house on June 15, 2016)
2 14-ounce cans beans, drained and well rinsed. (I used 1 can Aduki beans and 1 can Garbanzo beans) Experiment with different combinations)
1/4 to 1/2 cup cashew butter, sunflower butter or a mix of the two
3 leaves of fresh sage, chopped
3 to 4 cups loosely packed kale leaves, chopped
2 scoops Arbonne Fiber Boost
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon Rogan Josh ( I order my Rogan Josh from Penzeys.com )
2 large cloves garlic, minced
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a food processor, pulse together the first eight ingredients.
- Leaving the processor on, slowly pour in the oil and lemon juice. Continue to blend until the desired consistency is reached. If too thick, add about a half-tablespoon of oil and a half-tablespoon of lemon juice. Adjust to the desired consistency, adding very small portions of oil or lemon juice as needed.
- Spoon into a lovely bowl and sprinkle lightly with Rogan Josh.
- Serve with raw veggies and rice crackers. I also use it as a spread on sandwiches. Yummmm!
- I plan to try adding Arbonne Protein Boost. I may adjust the ingredients a bit and will update the page with the results of my experiment!